Try our sensational new drumming program for children kindergarten and up!
This unique program features drumming, dancing, singing and rhythmic games for children age 4 and up. Watch your child blossom and hone their musical skills as they learn traditional drum patterns and dance steps each semester.
Featuring the African djembe, children also experience a myriad of rhythmic instruments and activities specifically designed to increase their musical knowledge and abilities.
Now offering Level 1 and Level 2
Rhythm Kids Level 1
The main difference between Level 1 and Level 2 is parent participation. In Level 1, as in Music Together, parents or adult caregivers attend and participate in the activities with their young musician.
Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
1) hear and play with multicultural drumming patterns
2) develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
3) explore movement and dance while singing songs
4) play games based on music and drumming
5) have fun with a host of rhythm activities
Rhythm Kids Levels 1 and 2 follow through on the Music Together's vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Rhythm Kids Level 2
In Level 2, musicians have the option of attending class on their own, without their parents or adult caregivers. Adults are welcome to stay and participate if they choose. A special part of the Rhythm Kids Level 2 class experience is the play-along videos, and other materials available online. With the help of a grownup, as needed, children can have drumming play and practice sessions with Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote himself! Along with all of the activites of Level 1 listed above, Level 2 students will also expereince the following:
1) learning multicultural drumming patterns
2) practicing and exploring drumming with Tom online through fun, developmentally appropriate videos
3) exploring their musical creativity by composing rhythms, song lyrics, dance steps, and game rules
4) experiencing playing in an ensemble - the precursor to playing in a band, singing in a choir, or participating in any musical group
Both classes are the perfect bridge program between Music Together and formal instrument or voice lessons. Rhythm Kids will teach your child to think, act and create like a musician!
Includes: Professional recordings and downloads, online teaching videos with Rhythm Kids® creator Tom Foote, a Songbook with music and activities, membership to our online Family Music Zone with games and activities, access to the "Hello Everybody" App, and a Parent Education booklet and DVD.
· learn to play in an ensemble (Level 2)
· learn multicultural drumming patterns (Level 2)
· develop a new repertoire on various percussion instruments
· explore movement and dance while singing songs
· play creative games based on rhythm, music and drumming
· create their own rhythm patterns and develop a drumming style (Level 2)
· have fun with a host of rhythm activities
Rhythm Kids® follows through on Music Together's vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development. A special component of the Rhythm Kids class experience is the play-along videos and other materials available online. With the help of a grownup, as needed, children can have drumming play and practice sessions at home with Rhythm Kids® creator Tom Foote himself! While this class is a drop off class, families are warmly welcomed to stay and participate if they desire.
· 9 weekly, 45-minute classes
· 2 CDs each semester
· Access to online in-home activity pages
· Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
Students will be provided with a hand drum in class if needed. We encourage students to acquire a drum for at-home practice and can sell families a djembe if desired. Students are welcome to bring their own drum to class.
8 Essential Life Skills Children Can Learn Through Drumming
- by Norm Jones through The Children's Music Network Blog