Hopkinton - Hopkinton Center for the Arts (location map
Saturday, 8:00 AM
04/18/20 - 06/13/20 (9 weeks)
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5–8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
1) learn multicultural drumming patterns
2) explore their musical creativity by composing rhythms, song lyrics, dance steps, and game rules
3) experience playing in an ensemble - the precursor to playing in a band, singing in a choir, or participating in any musical group
4) explore movement and dance while singing songs
5) play games based on music and drumming
6) develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
Rhythm Kids Level 2 follows through on the Music Together®® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight. A special part of the Rhythm Kids class experience is the play-along videos and other materials available online. With the help of a grownup, as needed, children can have drumming play and practice sessions with Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote himself!
Classes are for children K - Grade 2 (ages 5 - 8) and include:
- 9 weekly, 45-minute classes
- 2 CDs each semester
- Access to online in-home activity pages
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Students should have their own hand drum for use at home (and for use in class whenever needed or desired).